The study of law in Siena has its roots in the thirteenth century and has always been a point of excellence of the University. The Faculty of Law of Siena (now department) stands for some years now at the top of the lists drawn up by CENSIS and, over time, has always looked with attention to social development and international relations with the whole world.
Permanent projects of motivational orientation and mentoring relational accompany the students from the very beginning of their university course of study, allowing continuous monitoring by the teachers of the level of preparation and preventing any uncomfortable situations.
Located in a modern and functional headquarters, the department provides facilities and services of high quality, well adapted to the needs of disabled students. The classrooms are equipped with multimedia tools, there are many study halls and computer labs. The whole complex teaching is provided free wireless connection, which allows easy access to the Internet and to the electronic databases.
At the headquarters of the department is housed Library Legal Circle, the flagship of the entire university. Established in 1880, the Library stands, with semi-circular shaped ancient bastion, on five levels, overlooking the Tuscan landscape. It has about 400,000 volumes, as well as magazines and periodicals. Very considerable interest holds, at its core, the Fund with numerous ancient manuscripts and 10,000 printed works in the XV-XVIII centuries and 12,000 allegations.
Thanks to the many agreements signed and the different networks to which he subscribes, the Department of Law offers the student and the newly graduated many opportunities for internships and apprenticeships for the approach to the world of work in various professional fields at prestigious international credit institutions, Companies, institutions and national and international bodies. The experiences of cooperation with numerous foreign legal institutions also allow, thanks to the important ERASMUS project, a continuous and fruitful exchange between students and teachers.